We’ll put you on the map. We provide planning and public participation services for comprehensive plans, land use ordinances, and revitalization strategies. Want to realize an idyllic vision, meet a practical challenge, or find a new direction? We can help!
CHESTER WATERFRONT PLAN & ZONING UPDATE
- Zoning Analysis
- Zoning Code Amendment
- Community Outreach
- Focus Group Facilitation
- Demographic Research
- GIS mapping
- Public Outreach
CHPlanning wrote a new plan for the City that addressed large areas of vacant, undeveloped, and environmentally contaminated land on the waterfront. The plan addressed active industrial uses, natural areas, flooding, and transportation along the Route 291 Corridor. The plan included extensive stakeholder outreach and visioning and resulted in new plans for active and passive recreation including development of the East Coast Greenway and bike trail. CHPlanning updated zoning code and development standards to accommodate the vision.
- Worked with the community and agency stakeholders to envision new waterfront uses. Ideas included: the development of a new sports arena (now Philadelphia Union Stadium), new regional entertainment (now Harrah’s Casino and Racetrack), and new passive recreation (now Chester’s Waterfront Park).
- The Plan further examined and recommended the most appropriate use types based on existing conditions, community input, and how those uses could be successfully connected to provide for the city as a whole.
- Amended the zoning code to ensure that development standards are clear and concise and address environmental conditions, maximize public access to the water, and encourage attractive redevelopment.
- Developed a Strategic Action Plan with goals and strategies for addressing the issues, opportunities, and concerns related to land use and infrastructure for older established communities with waterfront properties.
- Provided zoning code and map amendments reflecting the City’s future and Waterfront revitalization.