If it moves, we’re on it. We support infrastructure projects and lead impact studies, land use compatibility analyses, and outreach activities. When it comes to transportation, we can help you get moving in the right direction.
ABINGTON NOBLE TRANSIT REVITALIZATION INVESTMENT DISTRICT
- Economic Development
- Public Outreach
- Transportation Planning
- Land Use Planning
- GIS Analysis
This project, funded through DVRPC’s TCDI program, consisted of conducting a land-use and transportation analysis for the establishment of a Transportation Revitalization Investment District (TRID) along Old York Road and The Fairway near the Noble rail station. The TRID will fund public improvements, encourage higher-density mixed-use development, and diversify the area’s retail mix.
- Interviewed dozens of stakeholders as part of outreach efforts to educate and promote the idea of a TRID entity.
- Worked with SEPTA to evaluate planned improvements and determine the viability of Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) surrounding the station.
- Developed prioritized list of public improvements required to attract development, including pedestrian and bicycle-friendly treatments to and around the transit stop, new roads, intersections, and utilities.
- Analyzed desired land use patterns and estimated future density based on new zoning regulations.
- Reviewed state legislation related to TRIDs and worked with Township, School Board, and Montgomery County to develop the makeup and organization of a TRID entity.